Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I had to take my mom to run a few errands in a town she grew up in. Its only about 25 minutes from where we live but by the look of it, it looks like it should be out in the middle of nowhere. My grandpa died back in 1991 and my grandma back in 2008 and my mom was left in "charge" of taking care of their property (if "they" wouldve allowed it). I wish i could say its been an easy road for her but it seems some people can never get over my grandparents putting her in "charge". Most days i know my mom wishes they wouldn't have because of all the crap she's had to go through. My grandparents never did have a lot of money but I do know they loved their family like no other. My grandpa was the hardest worker I ever knew, he built the house with his own two hands. yes, it was crooked in some places and the ceiling was not very high but just high enough for him and my grandma (they were very short people,lol). They were so very loving and giving of what they did have. After my grandpa passed away some people felt it ok to take complete advantage of my grandma and that was a very sad situation. I wish they would've taken care of the house because it sure was a very special place. Anyway, I could go on and on about all that but really I won't.. I just knew we were going to be by there today and made sure to take my camera. I want my kids to have a picture of this house because I'm sure one day soon it will be a vacant lot.


3 comments:

  1. how awesome to still have the house that grandpa built in the family. I hope it won't be turned into a vacant lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite obvious how much your grandparents meant to you. You're so lucky to have such wonderful memories to cherish. Your mother is a blessing to take such great care of the property. Sometimes family get bent out of shape over the silliest things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bridgette, what a wonderful POTD.. what wonderful memories you have. You are truly blessed. HUGS
    I am in LA.. sitting here at starbucks because my friend doesn't have internet... trying to do a little blog hopping. I should be posting my POTD.

    ReplyDelete